Friday, July 25, 2008

Mid-Summer Slump

I usually love lazy summer days. I'm not a keeper of the schedule type. I generally like to fly by the seat of my pants. Get up and see what we feel like doing. Go with the flow. Until about the 3rd week of July.

Now, I'm beginning to grow weary of lazy, summer days. My creativity is drying up. My desire to wrangle 4 kids and all their stuff to head to the pool is waning. The casual days are beginning to feel a little bit long. I'm beginning to feel the itch for a little routine.

I have enjoyed the summer break. We've spent many afternoons at the pool, played at the parks, and had a couple cartoon-marathons. We've stayed up late and slept in. And there are a couple of things I'd still like for us to do, like a camping trip, and a trip to the big zoo.

But, I'm starting to look forward to mid-August when we start school. It might take us a while to find our routine this year, since we are starting to homeschool. I think it will be nice to get settled in and have a little bit of a plan. You never know, I might even start to enjoy a schedule.

No comments: