Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Strange Dreams

When I am embarking on a new experience, I often have strange dreams about it. Whenever I've been in training for a new job, I would find myself dreaming about the processes I had learned that day during training. I don't really enjoy those dreams because it doesn't feel like I'm really getting good rest. It's a toss and turn kind of sleep.

This fall, I'm embarking on a huge new journey. The journey of homeschooling my 4th grade son and 2nd grade daughter. Up until now they have been going to a Christian school. This year we felt God's leading to bring them home.

So, guess what I dreamed about last night?? Yep! Homeschooling. My dream was that I couldn't find a book that my Instructor's Guide said that we needed. While I tossed and turned in my bed, my mind looked through lots of books from the homeschool bookshelf. I wonder if this dream means that I need to spend more time familiarizing myself with our stuff.

I do plan to spend some time each day looking through our curriculum. I want to ease into homeschooling and have a good feel for what we're going to be doing these first few weeks. We aren't planning on officially starting our homeschool adventure until August 18th. I sure hope that I don't spend the next few weeks having strange dreams about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that would be stressful which is why I'm sure you are dreaming about it!

Cute site!

Lori Leigh said...

Good luck with you homeschool adventure!

I have been homeschooling and I have 1 going into 2nd, 1 going into K and 1 who thinks she is going into K.

What made you decide to pull them out? What curricumlum did you go with?

I too get stressed and this is my 3rd year. It always seem to take a month to get our groove. :)