Boomama is hosting a Soup-tacular. After today, I'm sure I'll have several awesome new soup recipes to get me through the cold winter days!
The soup that I'm going to share with you today is ridiculously easy, but I really think it's wonderfully delicious. And, at my house, simple is good.... really good! So with out further ado, here is the recipe for Easy (but delicious) ChickenTortilla Soup!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (I usually add more)
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- corn tortilla chips
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- you could also add black beans if you want