Tuesday, April 22, 2008

American Idol Top 6

I've never done live-blogging, or blogging about AI before, but I always feel like sharing my opinions as I'm watching so here we go!

Syesha Mercado - Wow! This is the first week that I have really enjoyed Syesha. This must be her element! And the judges liked it too. Good for her! I think she looks fabulous tonight!

Jason Castro - Golly, he is just so cute. I love his smile and how his eyes just twinkle. I don't know. Hmm.. I like it, but it's not really exciting. I think this might not be the best song for him. What?! Randy said it was a train wreck? I didn't think it was that bad. Not real favorable comments from the judges. That's okay, Jason. I think you're worth keeping around!

Brooke White - I have really liked Brooke from day one. I think she has a really sweet personality. Oh, NO! I'm not sure that needing to start over is gonna work at this point in the game. Bummer! I think she sang that fairly well though and she showed emotion. It's not my favorite performance by her at all. Golly, to make Paula pause that much is something, huh? Simon must be in a good mood tonight, because I thought he was going to blast her! I'm a little worried for her this week.

David Archuleta - I think that this could be a very good week for David. Let's see what happens... The young girls just go crazy over him! Me too, actually. I really think he's pretty incredible. I love it when he sings big notes. I thought this was a great vocal!!! The bomb. The one to beat. Perfect. a risk. and then we come to Simon and he says "pleasant". Hmmm... maybe he's not in a good mood. My 7 year old wants to know if all British people are mean or if it's just Simon. Ha-ha-ha! I'm pretty sure David will be safe tomorrow.

Carly Smithson - She certainly looks like she's enjoying herself, and she looks nice tonight. She does have a great voice. I wasn't super crazy about it, but not because it wasn't good, just not my thing. The Simon loves me (this week) t-shirt was a nice touch. :)

David Cook - I'm loving this! He has such an awesome voice. I think this "softer" song is showcasing his vocals nicely. Much different than what David usually does, but I liked it!

Bottom 3?? Jason Castro (boo-hoo), Brooke White (boo-hoo), and Carly. I think Brooke will quite possibly be the one to leave us this week.

Best of the Night?? David A.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah that shirt was a nice touch...i just searched for it and found a couple places that make it

Erin said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog!

But, I must also tell you what I think about AI!! I totally agree and was sure that Brooke would go home this week! But, I am so glad that she didn't!!! Love her!

I wish that it would come down to David, David, and Brooke! Those are my 3 faves! David C's creativity never ceases to amaze and impress me!! And, Brooke is someone I could see myself listening to - kinda folky and soft. And, David A. can just flat sing.

So, there's my two cents!! I rarely sit down long enough to watch TV, but AI has absolutely captivated me this season!! I get all giddy on Tues. looking forward to watching it!! Fun!

Erin said...

Oh, and I just scrolled down. . . Love the pics of your one year old!! I can tell by his expression that he is a sweet, sweet little man!!!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I cannot wait for tonight's show!! :)