Thursday, April 10, 2008

Decisions, Decisions


Have you ever had a big huge decision to make and you get all excited about the possibilities, but then the doubt starts to creep in? And then at night, you toss and turn because you can't quite turn your brain off? And then, during the day you toss it around in your head endlessly while you mindlessly nibble on whatever healthy snack junk food you can find? Has that ever happened to you? That's kind of where I'm at right now. And to make matters worse, I'm a terribly indecisive person. Just ask Aaron. I can't even pick a restaurant without a 20 minute ho-hum-where-should-we-go session.

So, I'm praying that the Lord would use a megaphone and neon lights for me on this one. Or maybe a burning bush?? Or, maybe a real sense of peace that could only come from Him.

1 comment:

Cloughamily said...

Hi Jenny,

I just happened upon your blog tonight from another site.

I find that when I'm in a situation like you're in praying with my husband helps tremendously. "For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

Also something that has been helpful in decision making in our lives, is the PEACE that God gives to BOTH of us when the decision is the right one. We don't budge if God hasn't given both of us His peace. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

As followers of Jesus Christ, we want to do His will in all things, for His glory and not our own.

I hope this helps. I don't know your situation, but please know that I have prayed for you. May God bless you and give you the peace you seek in making your decision. And above all may the decision you come to bring Jesus the most glory.